Sunday, October 18, 2009
For Sunday, October 18th, 2009
ON THE BRIGHT SIDE
OCTOBER 18th, 2009
The moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love
We all need to look for the silver linings in our day-to-day lives
Just for today: I will give thanks for the gifts of God.
Gratitude has the power to lift my thoughts and renew my faith in God as my unlimited source of good
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful
IT’S SUNDAY !!
Thank the dear Lord for a warm house and a good hot cup of coffee! It is very cold here. I think most of the state of Ohio had a hard freeze last night.
We got the camper closed up for the season and I got my flu shot yesterday morning as planned. It was pouring rain when I left but had stopped by the time I got down to the camper. That was a blessing as we didn’t have to put everything away wet.
DS#2 called when I was driving there and we got to talk for quite awhile. He’s traveling again this week to a conference for his work so I’ll be praying for safe travels for him.
Today I need to unload my car (I was just too tired last night when I got home) and try and find a spot for all the things I brought home from the camper.
I’ll be headed out to church as usual a little bit later this morning. I do hope you all get some of that good R & R today!
Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !
Dear God, give us faith to entrust ourselves to your love today and for eternity
Please pray for God's protection of
our troops and HIS wisdom for their
GOD OUR FATHER, WALK THROUGH MY HOUSE
name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Kids Care Week begins today, recognizing the power of children to reach out and help others
Today is National Chocolate Cupcake Day
Today is Shel Silverstein Day, marking his birth on this date in 1932. He is best known for poetry, including A Light in the Attic, The Giving Tree, and Where the Sidewalk Ends
Freedom from Bullies Week, National Character Counts Week, National Chemistry Week, Forest Products Week, and School Bus Safety Week all begin today
1867: The U.S. took formal possession of Alaska from Russia
1954 - The comic strip Hi and Lois appeared in newspapers for the first time
Instructions for Life
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs:Respect for selfRespect for others andResponsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone in silence every day.
9. Open your arms to change but don't let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year go someplace you've never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
The Lord remembers his covenant forever
Faith is unfashionable in our modern society. These days it seems there is a rational, logical explanation for just about everything. We like to think we have complete control over our destinies. Today’s readings remind us of the value of hope, faith and trust in God’s plan for us.
Place unwrapped soap in drawers, closets, and empty suitcases to prevent musty odors
64 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !
68 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS
180 DAYS UNTIL CAMPING SEASON BEGINS
Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your Heart
May there be a miracle in YOUR life today
and may you have the EYES to SEE it!
I Love You All !!!
Be Blessed !!!