Wednesday, March 18, 2009
ON THE BRIGHT SIDE
MARCH 18TH, 2009
A sunrise is God's way of telling the world to lighten up
Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world
Lawrence G. Lovasik
A good laugh is sunshine in the house
William Makepeace Thackeray
IT’S WEDNESDAY !!
OVER THE HUMP DAY!
I hope you all enjoyed St. Patrick’s Day. I celebrated by getting a Rueben sandwich at Arby’s for lunch. It is a huge sandwich so I only ate half and will have the other half today for lunch. They have really good rye bread that they use for their Rueben’s.
I’ve been counting down the days til camping season for so long it seems now it is getting very close. I’d better start sorting out the attic and the basement to see what I want to take with me when I first go. Not every thing will go in one trip that’s for sure.
The other thing I’m looking forward to is Easter. DD will be hosting our family get together at her house the Saturday before Easter . Both are only a few weeks away now.
Yesterday was like a day in May. Sunny and warm. It won’t last though as we are to get rain today and much cooler temps. I did sit out in my rocker on the patio after work for about an hour. It was heavenly. I even put my shorts on.
Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !
Jesus, please teach me to appreciate what
Susan L. Lenzkes
Please pray for God's protection of
our troops and HIS wisdom for their
Lord, hold our troops in
your loving hands.
Protect them as they protect us.
Bless them and their families for the
selfless acts they perform for us
in our time of need. I ask this in the
name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.
GOD BLESS YOU!
Today is Awkward Moments Day, a time to celebrate the humor of life's uncomfortable situations
Today is National Lacy Oatmeal Cookie Day
Lacy Oatmeal Cookies
These delicious cookies, go very well together with tea - iced or hot
2 eggs, well beaten
Mix all ingredients together, oatmeal last. Blend. Drop, about 1/2 teaspoon per cookie onto cookie sheet, well spaced, and bake on top oven shelf for 10 minutes at 335 degrees. Remove from cookie sheet immediately and let cool until crisp. Yeild: 3 - 4 dozen.
1850: Henry Wells and William Fargo formed America’s first stagecoach freight line. They called it the American Express, but later changed the name to Wells-Fargo
1931: Electric razors were first manufactured by the Schick Corporation in Stanford, Connecticut
1961: Poppin’ Fresh, the Pillsbury Doughboy was born
Proven Ways to Get Along Better With EVERYONE
1. Before you say anything to anyone, ask yourself 3 things:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it necessary?
2. Make promises sparingly and keep them faithfully.
3. Never miss the opportunity to compliment or say something encouraging to someone.
4. Refuse to talk negatively about others; don't gossip and don't listen to gossip.
5. Have a forgiving view of people. Believe that most people are doing the best they can.
6. Keep an open mind; discuss, but don't argue. (It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable.)
7. Forget about counting to 10. Count to 1,000 before doing or saying anything that could make matters worse.
8. Let your virtues speak for themselves.
9. If someone criticizes you, see if there is any TRUTH to what he is saying; if so, make changes. If there is no truth to the criticism, ignore it and live so that no one will believe the negative remark.
10. Cultivate your sense of humor; laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
11. Do not seek so much to be consoled, as to console; do not seek so much to be understood, as to understand; do not seek so much to be loved as to love.
SOMETHING TO DO FOR LENT
Pray for Christian unity, that there would be one flock and one shepherd
Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.
Today I’ll thank Jesus for being the perfect sacrifice the law required and the prophets foretold.
Never put your hand out farther than you can draw it back again
2 DAYS UNTIL SPRING!
AND 16 DAYS UNTIL CAMPING SEASON BEGINS
Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your Heart
May there be a miracle in YOUR life today
and may you have the EYES to SEE it!
I Love You All !!!
Be Blessed !!!